Maha 2nd Birthday Pictures - How to Plan a At- Home Birthday Party - Test Blog

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Maha 2nd Birthday Pictures - How to Plan a At- Home Birthday Party


I still can't believe that maha is 2 already. Its been fantastic being her mom and being with her the whole time. I love to see her growing up, but sometimes it feels really hard to see her growing up..I know every mom has that feeling. For her first birthday i made a 6 layer rainbow cake. I was thinking what to make for her second birthday, finally i decided to make her favourite doll cake which is barbie. I just love the way how she says barbie which her toddler speech!

We decided to take it as a small party at home by inviting just some close relatives and friends. As usual i decided to cook the meals. This time i decided to make finger foods instead of meals. So i planned the menu few days in advance and prepared for it couple days back. This is what i made, first the guest were welcomed with a drink mint ginger soda. Then i made nutella and peanut butter finger sandwich, spicy veg mayo sandwich, chilli paneer skewers, fruit kebabs, spring rollspotato and peas samosagarlic cheese bombs..I served it with three sauces, a sweet chilli sauce, tomato garlic sauce and mayo. For desert i served icecream with strawberry sauce. I also made monster cookies to give as a take home gift for the guest.

BIRTHDAY PARTY MENU:

Cake : Barbie Birthday Cake
1)Mint Ginger & Lemon Soda
2)Spicy Veg Mayo Sandwich
3)Nutella & Peanut Butter Finger Sandwich
4)Chinese Spring Rolls
5)Potato and Peas Samosa
6)Fruit Kebabs
7)Garlic Cheese Bombs
8)Chilli Paneer Skewers
9)Sweet Chilli Sauce, Tomato Sauce & Mayo
10)Monster Cookies

Here is how i planned the party.

Three Days in Advance:
1)I put a list of all the things, you dont have to miss anything. Just work on the ingredients and do the shopping list. If you miss anything then you have to run to the store, not only it is a waste of time but it makes you tired.

2)I baked the cookies and stored them in my fridge in a air tight container. Recipe for monster cookies.

3) I made all the three sauces and stored them in fridge in a air tight container.

Two Days in Advance:
1)I made the cake two days in advance. Since the cake is going to sit in fridge for 2 days, i moistened the cake with sugar syrup to keep it moist. And this trick didn't fail me, it worked like a charm and the cake was a total hit. For barbie cake recipe, check this link.

2)I made spring rolls sheets on the day when i made the cake. I store it in a air tight container in fridge. Check this link for recipe for spring roll sheets.

One day in Advance:
1)The day before the party was a busy day for me, i made most of the stuffs ready. I made the filling for both spring rolls and samosa and wrapped them and put it in a container and stored it fridge so i can fry them the next day.

2)Then i also made the filling the spicy mayo sandwich and stored it in a container. Will share the recipe soon in yummy tummy

3)I made the syrup for my ginger and mint soda and stored it in fridge.

4)I prepared the dough for garlic cheese bombs. I gave it a first rise, then i stored it in fridge in a big air tight container. Recipe here.

5)I prepared the sauce for my chilli paneer skewers and stored it in fridge. Recipe here.

On the party day:
1)First i made the fruit kebab. I chopped the fruits and skewered them and then stored them in fridge.

2)Just few hours before the party, i made the garlic bombs and put them in oven, so they can bake and stay warm.

3)I made the peanut butter, nutella sandwich and spicy veg mayo sandwich.

4)Just couple of hours before the party, i fried the paneer and tossed in the heated up sauce and skewered them.

5)I also fried up the samosa and spring rolls.

6)I dished up the sauces.

7)Poured soda and icecubes in a jug and poured the mint ginger syrup and stored it in fridge so i can serve when the guest comes.

Now the dishes are done..When i was getting the food ready, hubby decorated the house. Maha enjoyed decorating with her papa, she loved the balloons. She loved her dress, shoes, cake and her gifts..

Here are few pictures of the birthday party..






















11 comments:

  1. How organised! This is simply great, such a nice and happy party! Anyone would love to come for a party if the host is you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday maha
    N thx fr sharing ur recipes r awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maha happy b'day ......princess.......God bless u with tons of happiness n bright future ........always twinkle like a shining star........
    Maha little angel where is my share of cake.........:-)
    God bless u always
    Avni
    Ur mom's fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie.Well done..you are truly a dedicated and loving mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done a good job aarthi.. Sandwiches looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maha, Happy Birth Day..... God Bless you with all Happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maha, Wish you a very Happy Birth Day....God Bless you with all Happiness in your Life...

    S Rajkumar
    TVS
    Madurai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Aarthi... I am a big fan of yrs and yr recipes... I too have a 2 year kid. . I wonder how u manage to do this much recipe and post it for us , having yr little kid... Really awesome.. Yr such a grt women.. Congrats. Keep posting and we keep following ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Maha...GBU...Aarthi ur recipes r too good and I started to follow ur blog recently.Appreciate your hard work in putting things across. Can u please let me know how to dry the lil ones hand and legs imprinted in maida, if we don't have an oven.I would like to do that for my 6mon old baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arthi u are awsome. Loved ur recipes and effort.ur daughter is so lucky to have u.Keep rocking. Sray blessed dear☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ideas, thank you. i love Maha's sari. Best wishes from a fan in London UK.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot